Do your own HOUSE WALK-THROUGH and see what may work for you now or in the future
Imagine you wanted to rent out a portion of your house for an income or to share your house with an elderly relative, adult child or partner from whom you may be separating
Walk through your front door, look at your staircase and hallway and consider where you could partition off an independent section of your house; this would most commonly be at the stairwell, with one door leading up the stairs to your rented flat and a separate door, one that may already exist into your Ground floor living area.
Now go up stairs and imagine that:
- One bedroom remains as it is, which one would you choose to be a bedroom for your tenant?
- Your second bedroom would be the tenants living room, here you could put in a kitchenette
- Look at your bathroom, maybe there’s nothing to do here
- If you have a loft area Could this be converted into a second bedroom to let out or not?
Now go to the Ground Floor
- Which Reception room would you use as your Living area and which as your Bedroom?
- Where might you fit a bathroom or shower room with toilet?
- Kitchen, likely nothing to do here
Each Home within Home conversion is unique but they all share certain characteristics:
- *No brickwork construction, minimal works, with none of a permanent, structural nature unless a bigger conversion is justified and undertaken
- *No need to incur costs of installing separate services, electricity and gas, because the Homeowner and Tenant share metered services
- *Access to separate areas for living utilise existing hallways and stairs so no work is necessary other than stud-work partitions
If you would like to discuss your thoughts or ideas just Contacts us here and we will contact you.